Terms and conditions of use
By accessing and using booklisti.com and any other site, application, API or embedded content owned or operated by Booklisti (the “Service”), you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”):
- Use: You may only use the Service in accordance with these Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved by us.
- Responsibility: You will be responsible for all activity that occurs as a result of your use of the Service. We disclaim any and all liability (including for negligence) for the content, opinions, statements or other information posted to, or use of, the Service by its users.
- Provision of information: In order to use the services provided on the Service, you must be at least 16 years of age. When you register to use the Service, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service (“Registration Information”), and to maintain and promptly update your Registration Information in order to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and complete.
- Community policy: You must be courteous and respectful of others’ opinions, and you must not post unwelcome, aggressive, suggestive or otherwise inappropriate remarks directed at another member of the Service. Read our full policy.
- Conduct: You must not use the Service to promote, engage in or incite hate, violence, discrimination or intolerance, including based on race, age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or other protected attribute. We reserve the right to remove content that has the potential to harm communities we consider worthy of protection. You must not use the Service (or encourage others to use the Service) to create multiple accounts, deceive or mislead other users, disrupt discussions, circumvent account blocks, game the Service’s mechanics, alter consensus, participate in orchestrated attacks against books, authors or publishers, post spam or otherwise violate our community policy. You must not follow an excessively high number of accounts (or like an excessive number of books or lists) in order to generate reciprocal follows or likes and thereby manipulate your account’s popularity.
- No malicious use: You agree to access the Service through the interface we provide. You must not use the Service for any malicious means, or abuse, harass, threaten, intimidate or impersonate any other user of the Service. You must not request or attempt to solicit personal or identifying information from another member of the Service. You must not mislead the Service’s support or moderation representatives, such as by making false or malicious reports about other members or their content, or by sending (or encouraging others to send) multiple reports regarding the same content or issue. Such behaviors may result in action being taken on your account.
- No illegal use: You must not use the Service for any unlawful purpose, or post any information that is in breach of any confidentiality obligation, copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person.
- Removal of content: We reserve the right to remove any content posted to the Service that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be offensive, objectionable, unlawful, explicit, graphic or otherwise in breach of these Terms, including content that expressly (or implicitly, through coded language, symbol, keywords or tags) praises, supports, promotes or represents white-nationalist or neighboring ideologies. We reserve the right to remove any content posted to the Service that disseminates misinformation and its related manipulations, including viral sloganeering.
- Intellectual property: You agree that we own all of the intellectual property rights in the Service. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, distribute and display (including for commercial purposes) on the Service and in other media any content or material that you post on the Service, and any name(s) and/or avatar under which you post such content. Other than this right, we claim no intellectual property rights in relation to the information or content that you upload onto the Service. Any content you post to the Service should be original (not plagiarized from another person’s writing) and must not infringe anyone else’s intellectual property rights. Where you are referencing someone else’s intellectual property, you must make this clear by naming the quoted material’s author and through the use of identifiers such as quotation marks, links to source material, or other means.
- Indemnity: You indemnify, and will keep indemnified, us against all forms of liability, actions, proceedings, demands, costs, charges and expenses which we may howsoever incur or be subject to or suffer as a result of the use by you of the Service.
- Amendments: We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time, including by changing the amount of any Fees payable for any of our services, and may also add new features that will be subject to these Terms. If these changes are material we will communicate the changes to users, and by continuing to use the Service, you will be taken to have agreed to the changes.
- Use of our logo: Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive limited license to use our Booklisti logo when linking to the Service. You must not alter our logo in any way; use our logo in a way that suggests any type of association or partnership with us; use our logo in a way that is harmful, deceptive, obscene or otherwise objectionable to the average person; or use our logo to, or in connection with, content that disparages us or damages our reputation.
- Termination or suspension of accounts: If you do not abide by these Terms, we may suspend or terminate your account.
- Technical support and malfunctions: We will try to promptly address (during normal business hours) all technical issues that arise on the Service. However, we will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of any partial or total breakdown of the Service or any technical malfunctions.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: All users of the Service agree that the laws of state of Oregon in the United States shall govern and apply to these Terms and each user’s use of the Service, and all users submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Oregon courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.
This policy was last updated in August 2022 and is effective immediately.