- Your privacy: Booklisti is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information.
- Personal information: In order to use particular services that we offer, you may need to submit certain personal information such as your email address and name. You may be asked to submit further information from time to time. If you connect your Facebook or Twitter accounts to your Booklisti account, we may access these accounts to identify which of your friends on those services are also using Booklisti.
- Advertising privacy: (EU users only) In the future, Booklisti may host third-party advertising, in which case when you use our website, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You will be able to change your consent choices at any time.
- Log data: We also receive information when you view content on, or otherwise interact with, our services, which we refer to as “Log Data”, even if you have not created a Booklisti account. This Log Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We use Log Data to operate our services and to ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. For example, we use Log Data to protect the security of your account and to determine what features are popular on our services. We also use this data to improve the content we show you and to identify potential misuse of our services.
- Use of information: The personal information you provide us will only be used in relation to the services we provide you, to communicate with you in relation to our services or to co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities.
- Disclosure of information: Unless you have expressly authorized us to do so, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party except where disclosure relates to the purposes for which the information was collected (as stated in paragraph 8 above).
- Access to and updates of information: You may request at any time to access the personal information that we hold on your behalf or to correct or update any of your personal information (to the extent that you are unable to do so yourself on the Website). If you have registered an account with Booklisti, you can access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account via your Edit Profile and Settings pages.
- Storage of information: We will securely store your personal information in the United States, although you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred outside of the United States in connection with the services we offer, as further set out in clause 13 below.
- Global operations and Privacy Shield: To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States and any other country where we might operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws, contractual obligations placed on the recipient of the data, or EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield principles.
- Retention: We will hold your personal information until you close your account. When your account is closed, your personal information will be permanently deleted. We cannot restore closed accounts.
- Deactivation and deletion: Your account can be closed and your personal information deleted in your Settings page. All of your personal information, booklists, bookmarks, and likes will be removed from the system when your account is closed. We cannot restore closed accounts.
- Portability: Booklisti provides you a means to download the booklists you have shared through our services by using the Export Booklist option on your booklist pages. This will export your booklists and comments in a machine readable CSV file format.
- Security: You must keep any login, password or account information relating to your use of the Website secure at all times, and must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of such information or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to comply with this security obligation.
This policy was last updated in August 2022 and is effective immediately.